Hello Steffan Manor Families,
- Have you seen our new garden boxes by Rooms 7 and 8? Rebuilding Together organized over 160 volunteers for our MLK Day of Service event. That was only one of several projects they worked on last weekend. A huge Dragon Pride thank-you to the families who were able to participate.
- Please remember to follow safe traffic practices when dropping off and picking up your child.
- Thursday at 5:30 is our Talent Show. It's free! PTO will be selling refreshments. Come see what great talent our Steffan Scholars have. Plus, we have a surprise performance for you. You won't want to miss it!
- Progress reports go home on Friday. Please check your child's folder.
- Every Friday is Dragon Pride day. We encourage all students and staff to wear our school colors: blue and gold. Four colleges have the dragon as their mascot. Name at least one of them to earn a blue slip.
- Please plan to attend our English Learner Advisory Council at 3:15 on Tuesday, February 2nd.
- EduTyping Challenge, Round 2 ends Monday, February 8. How many minutes has your student completed today?
- Follow us on the VCUSD App, Facebook and Twitter!
Have a great week!
165 Volunteers at the Rebuilding Together Solano County Workday! Sponsors and Donors included Kiaser Permanente, Home Depot, Recology Vallejo, Clint Porter, Costco, Jose Lagman, Medic Ambulance, Michael Gregory, Minuteman Press, Tom Olson Construction, Vallejo Community Presbyterian Church, Walgreens, Betty King-Ronning, Catering by Ray, Daily Republic, HandsOn Bay Area, John Hoffman, KUIC/Coast Radio Station, Lennar Mare Island, Linda and Harmon Smith, Mike Miller, Panama Red Coffee Company, Times Herald, Uhaul of Vallejo, Vallejo Veterans Memorial Building and Vallejo Veterans. We enjoyed visits from Congressman Mike Thompson, County Supervisor Erin Hannigan, Mayor Osby Davis, Councilwoman Dr. Rozzana Verder-Aliga, and Superintendent Dr. Ramona Bishop.
If your child must cross the street to meet, please ask him/her to walk to the corner where crossing is much safer and protected. Please do not motion for your child to cross in the middle of the street. It is dangerous! Several students have had close calls.
Please note where LOADING ZONES and NO PARKING AREAS are marked! And remember not to double-park. Vallejo Police Officers have been actively enforcing these elements for the safety of your child.
Here's the website: http://www.solanosr2s.ca.gov/ Check it out!